The random generator:

The experiment’s aim is to find a word to use as the primary object of my photography and then best identify pattern(s) of that object.

In order to find a word, I first started walking around a neighbourhood that I had never explored before, and I walked until I stumbled upon a bus stop. I got on the first bus that came after a 20 minute long wait. I rode for x number of stops, x being the addition of all the numbers of the bus route number. Once off the bus,I walked and walked, hoping to find a library/bookstore.

After scanning the aisles, I randomly picked up the first book I knew I would never read. Now, the first word on page number x is the word that is the object in my photos.

The object: Hands

The random generator has given me the word ‘hands.’ 

The most undercredited parts of our bodies, that let us touch, feel and basically, do anything. This experimentation aims to document the object (hands) doing routine things that we have forgotten hold beauty in them and then identify what links all these pictures together, without actually focusing on the hands. In order to do so, I took the same bus route and randomly got off at different locations to take pictures of people’s hands.