Are you a bright, innovative aviation student? Then Air Charter Service (ACS) wants to hear from you. Private jet charter specialist offering aviation scholarships and grants worth up to $5,000 to help you get your career off the ground. As a global leader in the field, ACS can also help you build vital industry contacts and expertise. Here’s how to apply.
What type of aviation scholarships and grants is ACS offering?
ACS is offering support to students at all stages of their academic journey in the following ways:
- Aviation scholarships worth up to $5,000. These will be awarded to students who are conducting cutting-edge research about the aviation industry. The research should be intended for publication in an established scientific journal. Winners will be selected according to how ground-breaking their research is, as well as the caliber of the publication.
- Grants of up to $500 to publish online research. ACS is looking for students with innovative research topics who want to publish their work on the ACS website. The team at ACS will offer you support by sharing expertise and knowledge, including statistics about the aviation industry in Europe and the US.
- Up to $500 grants for existing research. If you have an existing research topic that you’re publishing, ACS can offer up to $500 depending on how innovative the paper is and the impact it’s likely to have on the aviation industry.
Are you eligible for student grants and aviation scholarships?
A career in aviation offers dozens of possibilities, from becoming a commercial pilot or aircraft technician to working as an aerospace program manager, safety inspector, or air traffic controller. To qualify for an ACS scholarship or grant:
- You must currently be enrolled at a fully-accredited university program for aviation or engineering in the United States.
- Qualifying courses include (but aren’t limited to) Commercial Aviation, Airport Management, Professional Pilot Programs, and Aviation Management.
- You should be bright and talented with an innovative mind-set and able to display a passion for the aviation industry.
If you have any questions about whether you can apply for an ACS scholarship or grant, simply email Glenn.Phillips@aircharterservice.com.
Student success stories at ACS
So, why is ACS offering student grants and aviation scholarships? Quite simply, the company is passionate about supporting the future of aviation. That means helping the next generation of aviation professionals flourish in their careers. As well as financial aid for study and research, ACS is also keen to share industry expertise and contacts to help kick-start your career.
ACS has a long history of supporting aviation students through internship schemes. In fact, the company’s CEO Justin Bowman, who is also a keen pilot, began his career at ACS as an intern. ACS founder Chris Leach took Bowman in as a lodger and was so impressed with the business student’s knowledge of aircraft that he offered him an internship at the company.
The ACS Business Development Director Lloyd Robinson also started his career as an intern in 2004 and worked his way through the ranks. Former intern David Lewis, who is now the ACS Search Marketing Executive, says: “Only a few months into the (ACS) placement, I knew I wanted to come back and be part of the growth of ACS after I finished my final year.”
How can you apply for an ACS scholarship?
To apply for this opportunity, send your application to Glenn Phillips at Glenn.Phillips@aircharterservice.com. Please provide the following information with your email:
- Your full name
- Contact details
- Email address
- Mobile phone number
- University program you’re enrolled in
- Your research topic
- The potential publication website for research
- Details of existing publications you’re writing for.
The deadline for submission is December 31st 2018.
The story of Air Charter Service
The ACS story began with founder Chris Leach, who set up the company from a basement in the UK back in 1990. The son of a pilot, Leach had experience working for Saturn Airways in the 1970s, where he learnt that offering great customer service was the key to success. With that in mind, Leach set out to start a company that focused on providing personalized service and creating long-term relationships with clients. Air Charter Service was born.
From those humble beginnings, ACS has grown into a worldwide company that arranges 12,000 private charters every year. The company has a network of offices in North and South America, CIS, Africa, Europe, the Middle East, and Asia. Whether it’s flying private customers to business meetings, transporting cargo, or delivering humanitarian aid, the heart of the ACS story remains its top-quality customer service.