Activist Media and Biopolitics: Critical Media Interventions in the Age of Biopower
University of Innsbruck, Austria
12-13 November, 2010
Submission of abstracts due (max. 500 words) 15 July 2010
Following the decline of tactical media as a guiding concept in media of resistance, many of the
key concerns articulated in tactical media seem to have migrated to the intersection of
informatics and the life sciences. Paralleling a shift of interest from hard/software to “wetware” in information technology, and from territorial to biopolitical regimes, activists, artists and scientists began developing networks of collaboration across disciplines, institutional settings, and economic frameworks, questioning the workings of biopower by introducing discontinuities in a new hegemony of knowledge.
This conference brings together theoreticians, practitioners and activists whose work focuses on challenges to the hegemonic biopolitical discourse, and on developing tools for a critical understanding of biopower.
Entries Tagged as 'media'
International Conference Activist Media and Biopolitics: Critical Media Interventions in the Age of Biopower
Art and Science
- call for interest- new Tsinghua-Leonardo Art-Science-Design journal
- VOTE !! Election of Leonardo Education and Art Forum- LEAF- Chairs
- TOP 50 Articles from Leonardo dowloaded this year
- draft of BRIDGING THE SILOS: CURRICULUM DEVELOPMENT AS A TOOL FOR CROSSING DISCIPLINES IN THE ARTS, SCIENCES AND HUMANITIES
- sense and sensibility in science
- Roger Malina appointed to program committee for Vinci 14
- Relive: Media Art Histories
- Persistent Surveillance
- do art-science professionals earn less ?
- DataRemix: Designing The Datamade Through ArtScience Collaboration
Ambience Antimatter Art art&science Artificial Life Arts Bio Bioart Bioethics biological Biology chemistry climate digital ecology Education evolutionary exhibition experimental Fiction film fluid hydrologists intelligent textiles Interdisciplinary landscapes Leonardo Life media mediation Nanoart Nanochemistry nanotechnology Natural Network networking new media art Research science Scientists skin Space SymbioticA tactical Vision Related topics (107)