Activist Media and Biopolitics: Critical Media Interventions in the Age of Biopower
University of Innsbruck, Austria
12-13 November, 2010
Submission of abstracts due (max. 500 words) 15 July 2010
Following the decline of tactical media as a guiding concept in media of resistance, many of the
key concerns articulated in tactical media seem to have migrated to the intersection of
informatics and the life sciences. Paralleling a shift of interest from hard/software to “wetware” in information technology, and from territorial to biopolitical regimes, activists, artists and scientists began developing networks of collaboration across disciplines, institutional settings, and economic frameworks, questioning the workings of biopower by introducing discontinuities in a new hegemony of knowledge.
This conference brings together theoreticians, practitioners and activists whose work focuses on challenges to the hegemonic biopolitical discourse, and on developing tools for a critical understanding of biopower.
Entries Tagged as 'media'
International Conference Activist Media and Biopolitics: Critical Media Interventions in the Age of Biopower
Art and Science
- MARSEILLE May 20, Museums as Cultural, Urban, Creative and Learning Interface
- European Union announces Science Technology and the ARTS (STARTS) initiative
- International POLYGLOT WEEK: call for podcasts for CREATIVE DISTURBANCE
- 100 podcasts: Our first Nobel Prize winner speaks on Creative Disturbance
- UT Dallas is looking for a distinguished scholar in the history of modern and contemporary art
- What is art when a US higher education in art and design can require over $100,000 US ?
- Art-Sci-Tech PhD and MA students unite ! invitation to blow your horn
- EARTH ALERT ON CREATIVE DISTURBANCE
- Hiring a Dean and New Faculty in our new School of Art Technology and Emerging Communications at the University of Texas at Dallas
- Virtual Africa Alert: Help create and art and technology center in Cameroons West Africa
Ambience Antimatter Art art&science Artificial Life Arts Bio Bioart Bioethics biological Biology chemistry climate digital ecology Education evolutionary exhibition experimental Fiction film fluid hydrologists intelligent textiles Interdisciplinary landscapes Leonardo Life media mediation Nanoart Nanochemistry nanotechnology Natural Network networking new media art Research science Scientists skin Space SymbioticA tactical Vision Related topics (131)