Activist Media and Biopolitics: Critical Media Interventions in the Age of Biopower
University of Innsbruck, Austria
12-13 November, 2010
Submission of abstracts due (max. 500 words) 15 July 2010
Following the decline of tactical media as a guiding concept in media of resistance, many of the
key concerns articulated in tactical media seem to have migrated to the intersection of
informatics and the life sciences. Paralleling a shift of interest from hard/software to “wetware” in information technology, and from territorial to biopolitical regimes, activists, artists and scientists began developing networks of collaboration across disciplines, institutional settings, and economic frameworks, questioning the workings of biopower by introducing discontinuities in a new hegemony of knowledge.
This conference brings together theoreticians, practitioners and activists whose work focuses on challenges to the hegemonic biopolitical discourse, and on developing tools for a critical understanding of biopower.
Entries Tagged as 'media'
International Conference Activist Media and Biopolitics: Critical Media Interventions in the Age of Biopower
Art and Science
- Collaborative Filtering: How to sort through the garbage and noise on the internet
- A Taste of Texas Trans-disciplinary Trouble March 12 2015
- Great News: Monica Bello appointed as Arts Curator at CERN
- Are current Social Media hopeless for art-sci-tech community of practice ?
- Telefonica Foundation ends the VIDA International Art and Artificial Life Competition
- TOP 5O ARTICLES IN LEONARDO JOURNAL
- Creative Disturbance Intellectual Dating Service
- STEAM GAINING STEAM: John Maeda to talk at UT Dallas March 4 2015
- From Synesthesia to Synthesis of Arts: In Praise of Bulat Galeyev
- Find out how to enable new forms of collaboration between the sciences, engineering and the arts, design and humanities
Ambience Antimatter Art art&science Artificial Life Arts Bio Bioart Bioethics biological Biology chemistry climate digital ecology Education evolutionary exhibition experimental Fiction film fluid hydrologists intelligent textiles Interdisciplinary landscapes Leonardo Life media mediation Nanoart Nanochemistry nanotechnology Natural Network networking new media art Research science Scientists skin Space SymbioticA tactical Vision Related topics (128)