Activist Media and Biopolitics: Critical Media Interventions in the Age of Biopower
University of Innsbruck, Austria
12-13 November, 2010
Submission of abstracts due (max. 500 words) 15 July 2010
Following the decline of tactical media as a guiding concept in media of resistance, many of the
key concerns articulated in tactical media seem to have migrated to the intersection of
informatics and the life sciences. Paralleling a shift of interest from hard/software to “wetware” in information technology, and from territorial to biopolitical regimes, activists, artists and scientists began developing networks of collaboration across disciplines, institutional settings, and economic frameworks, questioning the workings of biopower by introducing discontinuities in a new hegemony of knowledge.
This conference brings together theoreticians, practitioners and activists whose work focuses on challenges to the hegemonic biopolitical discourse, and on developing tools for a critical understanding of biopower.
Entries Tagged as 'media'
International Conference Activist Media and Biopolitics: Critical Media Interventions in the Age of Biopower
Art and Science
- support this project on artists for water and peace
- How to embed science and technology more gracefully in society ?
- Leonardo at 50 : the first decades
- Leonardo Editorial Board member Otto Piene has passed away
- What is there to celebrate about the first human landing on the moon ?
- In praise of smarter STEM thinking
- Foot Prints or Boot Prints: What is there to celebrate about the first human landing on the moon ?
- Jasia Reichardt on Re-Collecting
- On the impossibility of Trans-Disciplinary Research in Universities
- Lets Forget C.P.Snow and Art vs Science
Ambience Antimatter Art art&science Artificial Life Arts Bio Bioart Bioethics biological Biology chemistry climate digital ecology Education evolutionary exhibition experimental Fiction film fluid hydrologists intelligent textiles Interdisciplinary landscapes Leonardo Life media mediation Nanoart Nanochemistry nanotechnology Natural Network networking new media art Research science Scientists skin Space SymbioticA tactical Vision Related topics (109)