Activist Media and Biopolitics: Critical Media Interventions in the Age of Biopower
University of Innsbruck, Austria
12-13 November, 2010
Submission of abstracts due (max. 500 words) 15 July 2010
Following the decline of tactical media as a guiding concept in media of resistance, many of the
key concerns articulated in tactical media seem to have migrated to the intersection of
informatics and the life sciences. Paralleling a shift of interest from hard/software to “wetware” in information technology, and from territorial to biopolitical regimes, activists, artists and scientists began developing networks of collaboration across disciplines, institutional settings, and economic frameworks, questioning the workings of biopower by introducing discontinuities in a new hegemony of knowledge.
This conference brings together theoreticians, practitioners and activists whose work focuses on challenges to the hegemonic biopolitical discourse, and on developing tools for a critical understanding of biopower.
Entries Tagged as 'media'
International Conference Activist Media and Biopolitics: Critical Media Interventions in the Age of Biopower
Art and Science
- Light is my Business ; Art, Science, Technology and the City YASMIN discussion
- VOTE NOW for the next Leonardo Education and Art Forum Chair !!!
- Marcus Neustetter at Wild Detective in Dallas Wed March 27
- Dinner with Marcus Neustetter in Dallas this tuesday March 24
- We call for you – artists, activists, designers, and critical engineers to go beyond into the realm of the speculative, the provocative and the weird.
- will Ecuador be the next spare faring nation ?
- Call for NAFKI conference Art and Science, Engineering, and Medicine Frontier Collaborations
- Ok OK so my 24 year old son has now raised more money than i have in 65 years
- WHAT ? Celebrating Women, Humanities, Art and Technology !
- Collaborative Filtering: How to sort through the garbage and noise on the internet
Ambience Antimatter Art art&science Artificial Life Arts Bio Bioart Bioethics biological Biology chemistry climate digital ecology Education evolutionary exhibition experimental Fiction film fluid hydrologists intelligent textiles Interdisciplinary landscapes Leonardo Life media mediation Nanoart Nanochemistry nanotechnology Natural Network networking new media art Research science Scientists skin Space SymbioticA tactical Vision Related topics (128)