Broaden your horizons with a student exchange

Your degree is your passport to a global education.

For many UNSW students, the opportunity to study abroad is a highlight of their university experience. You can explore a new country, immerse yourself in a different culture and develop your own global network.

These life experiences will come in handy when you enter the workforce. A global education program looks great on your CV as it demonstrates your initiative and independence, making you more attractive to potential future employers.

At UNSW, we offer an extensive range of student exchangeshort courses and internship opportunities across 39 countries and over 300 partner institutions. Search our partners to see where a UNSW student exchange can take you.

For some inspiration, we caught up with some UNSW students who have completed a student exchange – and loved it!

JinJin

Exchange Location: Northern Arizona University (NAU), US

My exchange experience at Northern Arizona University (NAU) was nothing short of amazing. I was blessed to have met a group of like-minded people who wanted to experience everything there was to offer in the States.”

Read more

Kristen

Exchange Location: University of Glasgow, Scotland

If you have the slightest doubt about going on exchange ignore it and go!! It’s an opportunity you may never get again, the possibility of living in a new country, meeting incredible people, travelling and attending a new university is incredible.”

Read more

Xue

Exchange Location: The Bartlett School of Planning, University College London, UK

There are so many highlights during my time in London. My favourite part was that I had chance to travel around Britain and appreciate its culture and landscape. Just open your mind and enjoy every day of your exchange adventure. You will love it!”

Read more

Charles

Exchange Location: ETH Zurich, Switzerland

To me exchange is the best lesson you can get from UNSW. All the experiences you have educate you in lessons no course could ever teach. You learn about other cultures and ways of life, but most importantly you learn about yourself.

Read more

Carina

Exchange Location: Cornell University, US

The highlight of my exchange was definitely experiencing a vibe that was different from UNSW in terms of environment and scenery. I was able to experience new sceneries by traveling to places that I would not have gone to if I were to stay in Australia. I went to Hawaii, Los Angeles and New York, which were places that are far from Sydney but near Ithaca.”

Read more

Xinyue

Exchange Location: Nanyang Technological University, Singapore

It was really lovely meeting students from all over the world. As a part of the exchange community, I became friends with many from different backgrounds. Hearing their stories and experiences was extremely interesting. Being able to travel around the place and try local cuisines was nice too.”

Read more

Henry

Exchange Location: University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign, US

The highlights of my exchange experience were participating in the basketball inter-mural competition, going to Nashville for the NFL draft and going to NYC during spring break.

Read more

To keep up with the latest exchange stories and opportunities, make sure you’re following UNSW Global Education and Student Exchange on Facebook.

For advice on overseas study opportunities, please contact the Study Abroad and Exchange Office.