The University of New South Wales

Global Education Opportunities

International Educational Experiences of UNSW students

Study Politics in the Netherlands, Turkey and Mexico this January 2015 holiday

Posted by on August 6th, 2014 · 2015, Arts and Social Science, UNSW Summer Break

Immigrants, Human Rights and Society: Mexico as a Migration Case Study

AIM Overseas is excited to introduce the “Immigrants, Human Rights and Society: Mexico as a Migration Case Study” program taught at Universidad La Salle in Mexico City, Mexico. For over three intensive weeks, students will delve into the various facets of immigration to analyse not only the economic, legal and political consequences, but also the social aspects and the human rights issues involved. Site visits to migrant shelters; cultural trips and academic classes round off this fascinating course.

“There is a lot out there waiting for you… Just grab this AIM Overseas offer and walk into your dream of going overseas. It is pleasure and learning tied together and I tell you, you won’t regret it.”

Phub Dorji, University of Canberra

http://aimoverseas.com.au/program/immigration-more-than-politics/

Political Change in the Middle East : Can Turkey Play a Role?

Take this exciting opportunity to study Politics from a Turkish perspective at Bogazici University in Istanbul. Over 3 intensive weeks, students will gain an understanding of the ever-changing term ‘Middle East’ and whether Turkey can play a bridging role between Europe and the Middle East.  Site visits to Turkish National Assembly, SETA Foundation and the Australian Embassy, cultural trips and academic classes round off this fascinating course.

“The program was by far the most amazing experience of my life. This was my first trip overseas. I learnt so much from the most amazing teachers and my peers and explored so many areas of Turkey. The amount of photos I took will never capture how great this program was.”

Sarah Elsayed, University of South Australia

http://aimoverseas.com.au/program/political-change/

International Relations and Politics in the EU: Peace, Conflicts and Human Rights – The Netherlands

Studying International Relations and Politics in the Netherlands at the beautiful University of Maastricht is a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity. This three-week course aims to develop participants’ awareness and understanding of the legal and political landscape of the European Union and of the issues relating to conflicts, displacement and human rights. Site visits to NATO Headquarters in Brussels and The International Court of Justice in the Hague are highlights of the course.

‘My trip to Maastricht in the Netherlands was one of the best decisions I’ve made. The quality of the course was fantastic, not only were the university facilities top notch, but we were being taught by a lecturer who had first hand knowledge of our subject and had worked intensively in the EU. I met so many amazing friends, who I have since caught up with back home. Although the weekend trips made for a packed schedule, we got to see some beautiful places. All in all, I was incredibly happy.’

Harriet Hall-Pearce – University of Tasmania

http://aimoverseas.com.au/program/international-relations-and-politics-in-the-eu-peace-conflicts-and-human-rights/

Did you know…?

You may be eligible to gain credit towards your degree for this program.

Over $6000 in Government funding is available for eligible students.
Places are limited so Apply now!

For more information, go to www.aimoverseas.com.au, call (02) 9975 7792 or email info@aimoverseas.com.au

No Comments so far ↓