The University of New South Wales

Global Education Opportunities

International Educational Experiences of UNSW students

AIESEC UNSW & The Global Citizen Volunteer Program

Posted by on June 10th, 2015 · 2015, Art and Design, Arts and Social Science, Built Environment, Business, Engineering, Language, Law, Medicine, Science, Self funded, Uncategorized, UNSW Summer Break, UNSW Winter Break, Volunteer

global cit

AIESEC UNSW offers The Global Citizen Program, which provides students with the opportunity to volunteer overseas from a period of 6 to 12 weeks for a challenging learning and cross-cultural experience.

Some of you will be embarking on your study exchange in Semester 2 with uni starting in September. Why not spend July to September doing something meaningful and volunteer in a local community overseas?

This is what Ned had to say about his own AIESEC Global Citizen experience in Poland!

“There was one time in Poland I was stranded at the station at 1am looking for a place to charge my phone. All of the power points except one which was powering the huge 30m tall Christmas tree right in front of the shopping mall were locked. I was walking around it thinking if I should unplug it and there was a homeless guy who went up to me and said ‘oh just unplug it, no one will notice’. So I pulled out the plug and ALL of the lights on the tree suddenly just went off. So I just sat there in the dark and charged my phone. Then the security guard came up to me and was going to tell me off but I kept saying ‘Prosze! Prosze!’ which means please in polish. After a while he just laughed and left me alone to charge my phone. I’d like to think he let me off because of his polish Christmas spirit!”boyy

To find out more about this exciting opportunity, check out what you could be doing this Winter at https://internships.aiesec.org/

Need help or want information? Send us a message on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/aiesecunsw

No Comments so far ↓